SPF-Inc. and QuickLabel Partner for Printed Electronics
SPF-Inc. today announced a new partnership between its Metallograph division and AstroNova’s QuickLabel brand. SPF-Inc. specializes in consulting services associated with materials, products & processes of printing, coating, laminating, and packaging. AstroNova Inc. is a global leader in data visualization technologies provider of color label printing solutions for brand owners, packagers, and manufacturers with QuickLabel, TrojanLabel, and GetLabels brands.
This groundbreaking partnership facilitates an easy, cost-effective digital printing method for producing flexible circuits, creating possibilities within RFID, low power printed circuits, environmental sensors, and more. QuickLabel manufactures and distributes sophisticated thermal transfer printing systems for durable and high-end prime labels into diverse industries, many of which are now investing in flexible electronics. With the inclusion of Metallograph continuous metallic conductive ribbons, it can provide even greater value to its customer base.
“QuickLabel will be the first narrow web, full system provider to the flexible electronics industry. It brings together the necessary elements of devices, inks, substrates, print quality, ribbon saver, and application expertise,” says Dene Taylor, President at SPF -Inc.
Metallograph capitalizes on the reliability and print quality of QuickLabel’s thermal transfer platform. Printed circuits feature consistent, conductive thickness and do not require drying, curing, or sintering.
“AstroNova is excited about this partnership with SPF and the potential opportunities with flexible printed circuits technology. We look forward to growing with SPF in this exciting industry,” said AstroNova CTO & VP of Strategic Technical Alliances Michael Natalizia.
- AstroNova has been manufacturing printed circuit boards and supports RFID applications, so are experts with primary Metallograph applications.
- QuickLabel sells industrial thermal transfer printers ideally suited for Metallograph, especially multi-layer printed electronics.
- AstroNova has experts for the full complement of thermal transfer components.
- QuickLabel sells a broad range of substrates useful for flexible electronics.
- The QLS-4100 XE multi-layer roll-to-roll printer with Metallograph ribbons is the most productive single pass output device in this industry.
- AstroNova has a strong presence in North America and Europe, the centers of flexible electronic innovation.
We are pleased to be exhibiting this technology at Printed Electronics USA on November 20-21, 2019, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Printed Electronics USA is the world’s largest event on printed and flexible electronics. Visit us in QuickLabel booth R36 for a hands-on demonstration.
The preceding press release was provided by a company unaffiliated with Wide-format Impressions. The views expressed within do not directly reflect the thoughts or opinions of the staff of Wide-format Impressions