Mimaki to Participate in Textile Microfactory at Texprocess Americas 2023
Mimaki USA announced plans to participate in a textile microfactory at Texprocess Americas 2023. Mimaki textile specialists from the Atlanta and LA offices will be on-hand at booth #1243. Featured printers will include the TS100 and TS330 series of dye sublimation printers.
Bringing on-demand printing to life, this on-site printing microfactory is a collaboration with Mimaki, Beaver Paper, Eastman Machine Co., Henderson Sewing Machine Co., PremEx Solutions, and Mirisys Software. Visitors will be guided through creating a tote bag, from design concept to finished product.
Textile printing production was previously based on forecasted sales. Today’s production is gradually shifting from the “produce, sell, deliver” to a new model, “sell, produce, deliver.” Traditional production resulted in slow reaction time to the fast-changing trends in the market and piles of unsold inventory. This put a heavy burden on the environment and came with high production costs and low profitability.
This cost-effective production method enables companies to produce at any volume, minimizing stock to increase profitability. The textile microfactory delivers in any volume, minimizing inventory and its associated risk to increase profitability. Digital textile printing facilitates customizable demand-led production, limitless design variations, and agility to react quickly to market trends. In turn, it empowers companies to deliver the right products, in the right quantities, at the right time.
What is unique about a microfactory?
- Microfactories save energy, materials, and time.
- Microfactories reduce real estate space and storage.
- Microfactories has a small ecological footprint.
- Transfer and textile pigment printing microfactories use no water during the process and promote the use of green fabrics.
- Microfactories are easily scalable: flexible manufacturing allows sales to be quickly supported as they increase.
- Microfactories use the latest digital techniques and offer endless creative possibilities, which translate the latest designs into production with faster time to market.
The preceding press release was provided by a company unaffiliated with Packaging Impressions. The views expressed within do not directly reflect the thoughts or opinions of Packaging Impressions.