Mimaki’s 3DFF-222 Allows Users to Cut Costs and Expand into Profitable Markets
Earlier this year, Mimaki USA (PRINTING United Booth 5216, 5616, 5620), a leading manufacturer of wide-format printers and cutters, launched the 3DFF-222 desktop 3D printer, a product co-branded with Sindoh, a manufacturer of 3D printers and multifunction printers based in South Korea. The Fused Filament Fabrication (FFF) solution has been developed as an in-house design and production tool, ideal for parts such as jigs used in direct-to-object printing and tools for producing 3D signage.
The 3DFF-222 system prints in PLA material. Using easy-to-load filament cartridges, it prints parts up to 8.27 inches wide by 7.87 inches deep by 7.67 inches high and offers remote monitoring of each print job through an included app. The new platform joins the 3DUJ-553 in Mimaki’s portfolio of 3D printers, to which Mimaki has applied the expertise from its long heritage in the graphic arts.
“Flexibility and ease-of-use are key features of the new desktop 3D printer. This printer also complements our industrial printers seamlessly,” said Michael Maxwell, Senior Manager at Mimaki USA. “The 3DFF-222 is capable of inexpensively producing customized print jigs, which can be used to stabilize print quality when printing on UV-LED flatbed printers from our UJF Series. Additionally, customers can create objects for decoration as well as a variety of signage.”
Key features of the 3DFF-222:
- Automatic Filament Installation — filament is automatically loaded and supplied to the nozzle after installation without the need to feed manually
- Heated Flexible Bed — built-in thermostatic function enables both stable formation and easy removal of the model once it’s ready
- Semi-Automatic Bed Leveling — measures the horizontal error of the table and instructs the color monitor to maintain a leveled position
- Full-Color Touch Panel — 5-inch full-color touch panel with illustrated instructions makes for simple operation
- Remote Monitoring — built-in camera for remote monitoring with a smartphone or tablet
- HEPA Filter — installed filter ensures only clean air is released into the surrounding environment
- Fully Covered Compact Design — eliminates the disruption of contaminants adhering to the model while printing
- Quiet Printing — designed specifically to reduce noise levels during operation
“The desktop 3D printer is designed to fit the needs of modern print production environments and it is suitable for a broad range of uses,” added Maxwell, “This latest product introduction demonstrates Mimaki’s commitment to driving innovation and providing our customers with profit-enhancing solutions.”