X-Rite eXact Auto-Scan Measures Print Color Bars Faster and More Accurately than Manual Scans
GRAND RAPIDS, Mich. — January 10, 2019 — X-Rite Incorporated announced the release of eXact Auto-Scan, a versatile scanning solution that provides press room flexibility for measuring color with spot, manual and automated scanning capabilities. With the push of a button, the eXact Auto-Scan minimizes human error when scanning to maximize speed, reduce rework and deliver a finished product that meets the tight tolerances customers require. The eXact Auto-Scan is part of the recently expanded eXact family, the industry benchmark for measuring color in print and packaging. The eXact Auto-Scan will be on display at the Color19 Conference, hosted by Printing Industries of America and SGIA, January 12-15, 2019 in San Diego, Calif.
“With commercial printers facing increased job throughput and tighter turnaround times, operators need tools that help automate reoccurring tasks such as manually measuring color bar patches,” says Ray Cheydleur, printing and imaging product portfolio manager, X-Rite. “The eXact Auto-Scan enables automated and quick measurement of all patches of a color bar in under 15 seconds. This can reduce make ready times by 30% compared to manual scans for improved operational productivity and efficiencies.”
“The eXact Auto-Scan is a game changer in our print shop,” says Rick Fougere, GM, J&R Graphics Inc., an offset and digital printing business in Hanover, MA. “The solution gives us more information than using a handheld device alone and ensures we have the most accurate and consistent color control. We use it in conjunction with a suite of X-Rite color management tools including a sheet scanner for profiling. This allows us to accurately match color across digital and offset. Our press operator can put the sheet on the eXact Auto-Scan console and hit measure – no lining up, no fiddling or moving the head back and forth to get the laser on. This saves us time and helps us reduce any errors. The eXact Auto-Scan is a must-have device for any printshop with a multi-color press.”
The eXact Auto-Scan is offered as a stand-alone system or an add-on for existing eXact Standard or Advanced customers. Customers benefit from improved color quality, reduced material waste and expanded workflows.
The eXact Auto-Scan:
- Supports all industry print standards: G7, PSO, ISO, SCTV and Japan Color.
- Provides access to the latest Pantone libraries and PantoneLIVE standards.
- Enhances spot color handling with the creation and management of standards and color libraries on each device.
- Delivers fast, press-side, fully-automated capabilities with readings under 15 seconds.
- Provides immediate, comprehensive reporting of color data through Bluetooth technology, allowing the user to make prompt adjustments to the press run.
- Integrates with closed loop and third-party solutions such as Rutherford Graphics and Digital Information to deliver complete ink key control.
- Incorporates into current workflows.
The eXact Auto-Scan will be available in March 2019.
At Color19, X-Rite's top color experts will present on standards, specifications and the future of color measurement. These sessions include:
- What’s New in Color Standards and Specifications, Ray Cheydleur, printing and imaging product portfolio manager, 10:00 - 11:00 a.m. on Monday, January 14.
- Imaging Spectrophotometers: The Wave of the Future, Tim Mouw, Manager, tech support and applications, 4:00 - 5:00 p.m. on Monday, January 14.
The preceding press release was provided by a company unaffiliated with Wide-Format Impressions. The views expressed within do not directly reflect the thoughts or opinions of Wide-Format Impressions.