Roland DGA Expands Value-Up Program
Roland DGA Corporation, a leading provider of wide-format inkjet printers and printer/cutters, has announced the expansion of its TrueVIS Value-Up Program to now include TrueVIS SG series models, in addition to the previously eligible VG series. Existing SG and VG customers can download free firmware updates which enable their devices to run with the new and improved TR2 second-generation TrueVIS inks. Beginning in February of 2021*, first-generation TR inks will no longer be available from Roland DGA; as such, TrueVIS VG and SG customers are highly encouraged to complete their “Value-Up” by January 2021. Roland’s new and improved TR2 inks offer significant performance and cost benefits over the original formulations, while the firmware update also enhances the capabilities of first-generation TrueVIS devices to perform similar to second-generation TrueVIS VG2 and SG2 devices.
“Performing this simple upgrade will allow owners of our first-generation SG and VG models to reap the benefits of our new TR2 inks as well as many of the advanced capabilities of our next-generation TrueVIS SG2 and VG2 printer/cutters,” explained Daniel Valade, Roland DGA’s Product Manager of Digital Print. “This conversion with also make things easier for our resellers, enabling them to sell and support a single, better ink for their TrueVIS customers.”
While Roland will continue to offer the original ink formulation through the end of January 2021, the company recommends that all VG and SG owners switch over to the new TR2 inks as soon as possible to begin capitalizing on the advantages these new inks offer.
By following a simple ink conversion process that includes both firmware and RIP software upgrades, TrueVIS VG and SG owners can start taking advantage of the following improvements and new features:
- The new “True Rich Color” preset maximizes the imaging capabilities of the VG and SG printer/cutters with the new inks for stunningly vibrant graphics.
- Output with VG series printer/cutters using TR2 inks is certified for long-lasting results by the 3MTM MCSTM Warranty and the Avery Dennison ICS Performance Guarantee, providing shop owners and their clients with assurance of the quality and reliability of their prints. Graphics printed with SG printer/cutters and TR2 inks are certified by the Avery Dennison ICS Performance Guarantee.
- New TR2 inks offer increased scratch resistance, alcohol resistance, and washability.
- Ink consumption is greatly reduced due to an automated maintenance sequence.
- VG and SG owners will also obtain a host of new features to improve Print & Cut accuracy and usability, including crop mark options for more stable cutting performance when cutting laminated printed materials, a PerfCut mode for printing, cutting and die-cutting in one seamless operation, and more.
- The Roland DG Mobile Panel 2 lets you perform control panel functions, including test-printing and cleaning, from your smartphone or tablet using a Bluetooth connection.
- Upgraded VG and SG series devices will support the latest TU-4 take-up unit (sold separately), enabling various media to be taken up with increased accuracy and stability.
- If a print head has missing nozzles, the "Nozzle Mask” function can continue printing using the remaining print heads, reducing printer downtime while waiting for an on-site technician.
Owners of TrueVIS VG and SG printer/cutters can upgrade their devices and convert to the newer inks by downloading the specified firmware and the latest version of Roland’s VersaWorks 6 software RIP.
The preceding press release was provided by a company unaffiliated with Wide-Format Impressions. The views expressed within do not directly reflect the thoughts or opinions of the staff of Wide-Format Impressions.