PGSF Holds Annual 2021 Student T-Shirt Design Contest
The Print and Graphics Scholarship Foundation (PGSF) is pleased to announce its annual promotional t-shirt design competition. High school and college students are invited to submit entries by April 10, 2021. The t-shirt design will be used to promote PGSF scholarship opportunities and highlight how graphic communications fit into today’s world. The winning entrant will receive a $500 check, an award certificate, and will be recognized in PGSF’s promotional materials.
Schools are encouraged to offer the design competition as a real-world working assignment. Abigail Carter of Mattoon High School won the 2020 design contest thanks to graphic arts teacher Laura Roberts who offered the design project as a school assignment. Roberts recognizes the importance for students to participate in real-world design competitions.
“It is important that we educate students on various vocational trades that are in high demand. Many high schools no longer offer vocational classes. I am happy to educate and inspire graphic communications to our high school students giving them a viable career path in higher education. 2020 has definitely demonstrated the flexibility and possibilities creating endless opportunities for students in this ever-changing field,” comments Roberts.
“We encourage educators to incorporate the PGSF t-shirt design contest as part of their yearly curriculum. It’s a great way to reinforce the value of careers in the graphic communications industry while providing an opportunity for students to challenge themselves in a national contest,” comments Jules Van Sant, Chair, PGSF.
Design entries must include the following:
1. Prominently display Print and Graphics Scholarship Foundation name and logo in the right or left-hand corner.
2. Design theme options (Pick one and showcase): Graphic Communications in Today’s World; Career Opportunities in Graphics & Print; or Apply for Scholarships in Graphic Communications
3. Bright and highly visible colors are great!
4. Final artwork should be high res jpg, png, tif or psd (front side only). Maximum/optimal area to fill for printing on t-shirt is 13×18” max.
Rules and Submission Instructions
Submit entries as a pdf HERE.
Files should be named as follows: Firstname_Lastname_Schoolname_2021
- Include entrant’s school name and name of creative designer or names of team members.
- The winner of the contest must submit all files required for reproduction. File becomes property of PGSF.
- T-shirts will be produced and printed on the show floor at PRINTING United.
Entries are due by April 10, 2021. Judging will be in May, and the winner will be notified by May 31.
The preceding press release was provided by a company unaffiliated with Wide-Format Impressions. The views expressed within do not directly reflect the thoughts or opinions of Wide-Format Impressions.