Onyx Graphics Releases ONYX 21.1
Onyx Graphics, Inc. announces the global availability of ONYX 21.1, the company's newest software version release of wide-format RIP and print workflow software. ONYX 21.1 launches on the heels of ONYX Go, the company's new subscription RIP software and builds upon ONYX 21 with an all new PDF Soft Proof workflow and Print Label Cut Path functionality. RGB soft proofs can be generated on the fly or automated using ONYX Quick Sets for a visual reference of final output before printing. Print Label Cut Paths automatically adds a cut path around print labels to provide print buyers with important job information for future prints.
"ONYX 21.1 continues the vision of ONYX 21 to provide easy-to-use tools that give Print Service Providers a competitive edge in today's environment," says Matt Crawford, Director of Product Marketing at Onyx Graphics. "ONYX users can expect to see more frequent product releases like ONYX 21.1 to ensure they meet the evolving needs of their customers."
ONYX 21.1 also introduces new options for ambient light measurement using ONYX Media Manager, Custom ICC build options for light source measurement, and a series of new device support options including transmissive profiling using the X-Rite i1 Pro-3, full support for the Fotoba XLA cutter and on-demand color device installation.
Highlights of ONYX 21.1 include:
- PDF Soft Proofs to reduce customer artwork approval timelines
- Show finishing marks, grommets, sewing marks, cut paths and label data before printing
- Print Label Cut Path functionality help PSPs:
- Include shop logos on print-and-cut jobs
- Provide important job information to print buyers for print-and-cut jobs
- Media Manager ambient light spot measurement
- Custom ICC build options for light source measurement
- Centralized proxy configuration
- On-demand color device installation
- Transmissive profiling for X-Rite i1 Pro3Fotoba XLA device support
ONYX 21.1, covering the entire product portfolio of ONYX solutions including ONYX Thrive print workflow software; all ONYX RIP products; and ONYX Go subscription RIP products, is globally available. It is automatically provided to ONYX Go subscribers through a soft download product update; available to all ONYX Advantage customers by requesting a key update; and to all other customers through a license purchase. Onyx Graphics is providing a special promotion to upgrade.
The preceding press release was provided by a company unaffiliated with Wide-Format Impressions. The views expressed within do not directly reflect the thoughts or opinions of Wide-Format Impressions.