Mactac Introduces its Simply Sustainable Culture of Environmental Responsibility
Mactac, a leading supplier of pressure-sensitive adhesives, introduces the company’s Simply Sustainable culture of environmental responsibility, which delivers enhanced value to customers, end-users, employees, and communities.
“Simply Sustainable is more than a brand. It’s our initiative to choose environmental best practices so they can be ingrained in everything we do,” says Ed LaForge, President and Chief Executive Officer for Mactac. “By integrating environmentally responsible practices we can build a brighter future for our customers, communities, and co-workers.”
Mactac values and celebrates responsible innovation and is committed to environmental best practices – from reducing its environmental footprint as a manufacturer to investing in practices that reduce waste and conserve natural resources to developing environmentally friendly products.
“With guidance and support from the LINTEC Group, we aim for opportunities to evaluate and expand Mactac’s sustainability program to further reduce our footprint, inspire employees and showcase the value we provide to customers in their quest to meet the environmental needs of end-users,” says Kevin Clunie, Vice President of Sales and Marketing for Mactac Performance Adhesives Group.
Mactac’s Simply Sustainable products help achieve goals such as using less energy for manufacturing and less raw materials, reducing freight (including fuel, CO2 emissions, etc.), reducing packaging waste (cores, cartons, wrapping, etc.), and increasing productivity. Mactac is dedicated to:
- Sourcing material from environmentally responsible companies. Paper, for example, is sourced from companies that procure materials from sustainably managed forests.
- Daily waste reduction in every manufacturing facility. Facilities focus on minimizing the amount and impact of waste material; for example, coated product waste is either recycled or sent to waste-to-energy plants.
- Pursuing technology that aids in the recycling process. Mactac’s research and development teams continually seek ways for all end-use products to be recycled.
Mactac continually refines its core products and innovates new products to reduce waste and promote recyclability for the entire supply chain. Sustainable labeling solutions include:
- Polypropylene labelstocks with PUREfloat adhesive, which are recognized by The Association of Plastic Recyclers for the highest recyclability standards in PET bottle labeling.
- Thin paper liners like the 1.6 mil BLOOM® hi.mpact™, which reduces environmental impact and provides up to 15 percent more labels per roll.
- Recycle-compatible adhesives such as ST95 and 640AT, which when applied to paper, can be recycled and the paper is repulpable (pass TLMI-LRP2 Lab Testing protocol).
- Post-consumer waste labelstocks including a wide selection of facestocks that contain a percentage of post-consumer waste within the product construction.
- Adhesives made with renewable resources, including CHILL AT and PUREapply, are formulated with greater than 20 percent renewable resources.
Mactac's Simply Sustainable culture is supported by the core values of its parent company, LINTEC Corporation, which is one of the most respected and diversified PSA providers in the world. LINTEC’s mission includes contributing to the prosperity of stakeholders, the growth of the industry, and a brighter future for society, with an emphasis on “Sincerity and Creativity.”
Mactac is a leading member of the CELAB (Circular Economy for Labels) global consortium to promote label industry recycling. Follow the CELAB LinkedIn page to stay up to date on all roll label industry initiatives and improvements.
The preceding press release was provided by a company unaffiliated with Wide-Format Impressions. The views expressed within do not directly reflect the thoughts or opinions of Wide-Format Impressions.