Kornit Digital Reports Second Quarter 2023 Results
Kornit Digital reported its results for the second quarter which ended June 30, 2023.
“During the quarter, impressions grew at a double-digit pace year-over-year for the second consecutive quarter, driving a steady improvement in capacity utilization and strong double-digit consumables revenue growth across our customer segments and throughout all our operating regions,” said Ronen Samuel, Kornit’s CEO. “Services revenues again demonstrated exceptional growth, as it has during the past year, with customers upgrading to our new MAX technology. While system sales volumes are expected to remain modest in the near-term due to continued softness in capital equipment spending and lengthening sales cycles, we have taken actions through various initiatives to diversify our customer base, increase operating efficiencies, and build a healthy pipeline for 2024 and beyond.”
Samuel concluded, “We were pleased with our successful participation in the recent ITMA trade show in Milan, where exceptional customer interest in our innovative solutions generated numerous high-quality leads and sales orders. We remain confident that our strategy, product roadmap, and solid balance sheet position us well to generate meaningful, long-term, profitable growth and continue to expect to approach break-even on an adjusted EBITDA basis for the fourth quarter of this year, and aim to deliver profitable growth for the full year 2024.”
Second Quarter 2023 Results of Operations
- Total revenue for the second quarter of 2023 was $56.2 million compared with $58.1 million in the prior year period, due primarily to lower systems revenues.
- GAAP gross profit margin for the second quarter of 2023 was 33.3% compared with 35.3% in the prior year period. On a non-GAAP basis, gross profit margin was 36.1% compared with 38.6% in the prior year period.
- GAAP operating expenses for the second quarter of 2023 decreased by 12.8% to $39.6 million compared with the prior year period. On a non-GAAP basis, operating expenses decreased by 16.3% to $34.1 million compared with the prior year period.
- GAAP net loss for the second quarter of 2023 was $14.3 million, or ($0.29) per basic share, compared with net loss of $19.5 million, or ($0.39) per basic share, for the second quarter of 2022.
- Non-GAAP net loss for the second quarter of 2023 was $7.4 million, or ($0.15) per basic share, compared with non-GAAP net loss of $15.6 million, or ($0.31) per basic share, for the second quarter of 2022.
- Adjusted EBITDA loss for the second quarter of 2023 was $10.7 million compared with adjusted EBITDA loss of $15.7 million for the second quarter of 2022. Adjusted EBITDA margin for the second quarter of 2023 was -19.1% compared with -27.1% for the second quarter of 2022.
Third Quarter 2023 Guidance
For the third quarter of 2023, the Company expects revenues to be in the range of $58 million to $62 million and adjusted EBITDA margin between -6% to -13% of revenue. The guidance for revenue and adjusted EBITDA margin includes the impact of the non-cash expense associated with the fair value of the Company’s warrants.
The preceding press release was provided by a company unaffiliated with Wide-format Impressions. The views expressed within do not directly reflect the thoughts or opinions of Wide-format Impressions.