Avery Dennison Graphics Solutions 'Wrap Like a King’ Challenge is Back for 2021
Avery Dennison Graphics Solutions announced the return of the Wrap Like A King Challenge. This year’s vehicle wrap competition will run from September 1 to October 31, 2021. A new concept called “Local Edition” has been launched for the first time, with awards for 12 Regional Wrap Kings and three Continent Wrap Kings and Queens.
Beginning September 1, wrap installers from over 40 countries are invited to submit their best full print or color change vehicle wrapping projects.
“In 2019, over 150 installers entered the challenge,” Abby Monnot, Marketing Director, Graphics said. “It’s great to be back. Wrap Like a King is an excellent opportunity for installers to showcase their best work. Their projects will be judged by a global jury for the chance to win thousands of dollars in prizes and be recognized by peers and customers.”
The combined prize packages for 2021 Regional and Continental winners exceed $30,000. The three Continental winners will also be invited to each select a charity to receive a $1,000 donation in the name of the winner.
“Giving back to the community is important to Avery Dennison. We are thrilled to extend this to the communities of the three winners of the Wrap Like a King 2021 competition,” Monnot said.
Wrap Like a King Local Edition - Applications and Process
Full information about the competition is available at wraplikeaking.com.
- Applicators from 12 different geographic regions can participate: United States, Canada, Europe & Middle East and Northern Africa, and the APAC Region (Australia, New Zealand, China and South Africa).
- All entries need to be submitted at wraplikeaking.com.
- Any project can be entered which uses Avery Dennison Supreme Wrapping™ Film, the Conform Chrome series, MPI 1105 Digital Wrapping Series or a combination of car wrap films.
- Judges will select 12 Regional Wrap Kings - each winning nearly $2,000 worth of personalized marketing materials, Avery Dennison products and more.
- Regional Wrap Kings will then go on to compete across three continents: Europe & MENA, North America and APAC (Australia, New Zealand, China and South Africa).
- The three Continent Winners will be announced online on November 26, 2021, via the social media accounts linked to the participating Avery Dennison regions.
The 2021 Judges Panel
The industry experts on the panel bring a wealth of experience to select the most beautiful, technically challenging or otherwise most impressive wraps.
- Justin Pate - Professional Installer/Instructor, Global - American based in Amsterdam, the Netherlands - Pate is an Avery Dennison certified installer/instructor in the U.S. with over 25 years of experience working both in the U.S. and in Europe. Notably, Pate is the head trainer for the Avery Dennison North American hands-on car wrap workshop and certification program.
- Penelope Garrido Milla - Co-owner of Alta Wrapping Academy - Milla is the first Spanish woman to gain the Avery Dennison certificates of “Specialist Installer” & “Specialist Trainer.” She is co-owner of Alta Wrapping Academy, which has trained more than 1,200 applicators from all over Spain in the last five years. With more than 19 years of high-level experience in visual communication, she specializes in commercial and passenger vehicle imagery. She has taken a personal approach, focusing on helping academy participants to reach their maximum potential. Garrido Milla is on the board of directors of FESPA ESPAÑA ASOCIACIÓN and the Women of Wraps (WOW) club.
- Qian Li - Hewlett Packard Application Development Manager, Spain - Li is the printing application development manager for Hewlett Packard, based in Barcelona. He has worked with industrial large format printing for around 15 years, gaining a great deal of experience around many different aspects of digital printing technology and its various applications. Automotive wrapping is a particular area of expertise, not only because it is one of the key application areas for HP Latex technology, but also because wraps represent one of the most exciting market areas, with enormous creative potential.
- Dariusz Tondera - Avery Dennison Technical Sales Support, Eastern Europe and Russia - Tondera has been with Avery Dennison since 2012 and has been Technical Sales Support in Eastern Europe and Russia since 2016. For almost 10 years he travelled from the Oder to Vladivostok, supporting and training customers and applicators. Testing and understanding the products are very important for Tondera, helping him to properly resolve questions and inquiries.
- Molly Waters - Avery Dennison Senior Technical Specialist, USA - Waters has been with Avery Dennison since 1997, when car wrapping was still in its infancy, and has since had the opportunity to see the evolution of digital and wrap film technology. She has over 24 years of experience in the professional automotive/wrap industry and has been around cars her entire life.
- Peter Wright – Avery Dennison Graphics Solutions, Australia/New Zealand - Wright is a technical marketing manager who works with the industry’s leading installers, teaching vehicle wrapping workshops and promoting the industry. With strong expertise in leading vehicle wrapping workshops, he has trained more than 2,000 people from Australia, New Zealand and ASEAN countries.
- Sarel Krüger - Avery Dennison Graphics Solutions, South Africa - Krüger joined the Avery team in 2011 after working in the signage industry for nearly 10 years. His experience ranges from equipment and software through to the manufacture of signage and graphics, vehicle wrapping and, ultimately, supplying material.
The preceding press release was provided by a company unaffiliated with Wide-format Impressions. The views expressed within do not directly reflect the thoughts or opinions of Wide-format Impressions.