Mutoh Launches New Eco-Solvent Printer Platform, XpertJet 1641SR/1682SR
MUTOH America Inc. (PRINTING United Booth 4404), a leading manufacturer of wide-format inkjet printers, announced the launch of two new 64-inch eco-solvent printers, XpertJet 1641SR/1682SR. The latest additions to Mutoh's award-winning line of wide-format printers, paired with Mutoh's new MS41 Eco-Solvent ink, provides improved usability and reduces operational workload which will ensure high-quality prints, high production output and user-friendly operation.
The 1682SR has a staggered dual-head design that provides ultra-fast print speeds and smooth gradient reproduction which is available in both four-color (CMYK) and seven-color (CMYK, Lc, Lm, Lk) ink configurations. The 1641SR is a single-head four-color (CMYK) printer, and both will deliver superior print quality at an affordable price range.
The XpertJet platform from Mutoh has all-new features specifically designed to enhance user experience, workflow and output quality, and will be a favorite among users looking to output various types of wraps, fine art, banners, decals, posters and indoor/outdoor signage.
Features of the new XpertJet 1641SR/1682SR printers include:
- New cover design — sleek black modern design with easy maintenance access.
- New automatic bi-directional alignment with built in color sensor — save time by automatically calibrating printer alignments, increasing ease of use.
- New touch panel — user-friendly touch panel which only displays keys necessary for desired functions.
- New internal LED lighting — illuminates work area to easily monitor print status.
- New LED warning indicators — for each ink cartridge slot, showing remaining ink levels.
- MUTOH Status Monitor (MSM) — checks the printer's operation status in real time. MSM mobile provides monitoring with a smartphone or tablet.
- New media feed flange design — allows operators to easily and quickly load media and exchange multiple rolls when the flanges have been mounted in advance.
- New pressure roller system — allows operators to manually select and engage individual pressure rollers to prevent delicate media from binding or warping.
- “I'm excited to offer a new wide-format printer platform by the name of XpertJet to the market,” shared Brian Phipps, President and GM of Mutoh America. “With all new user features and MS41 ink for our PSPs at an attractive price, I'm sure this will be another home run for Mutoh.”
Mutoh's new eco-solvent ink, MS41 is available in CMYK Lk, Lc, Lm in an environmentally conscious 1L bag and provides a larger color gamut, outstanding durability and improved dot gain at a lower cost than previous generations of Mutoh Eco-Solvent ink which will surely be attractive to PSPs looking to lower their overall consumables cost.
The XpertJet 1641SR/1682SR is available now for pre-order through an authorized Mutoh re-seller and will start shipping this month.
Lauren Searson has been the Managing Editor for the SGIA Journal since November 2017 and has worked in publications for more than 10 years.