Wide-Format Summit Series to Debut Oct. 8 & 15
Wide-format Impressions and NAPCO Media have launched the Wide-Format Summit, a two-day, free educational program designed for executives at wide-format printing companies and other print service providers interested in making successful investments in print engines, finishing systems and related technology. The program features eight keynote sessions presented by industry thought leaders as well as case studies and interviews featuring print service providers that have successfully adopted technology to improve their efficiency or pursue new market opportunities.
Originally planned as a live, invitation-only conference, the move to a first-class virtual platform enables many more printing executives to attend, including those from in-plant and commercial printing backgrounds that may just be entering the wide-format space.
Among the print-service providers featured in the program are Spectrum Print Plus, Riot Creative Imaging, Group Imaging, Firehouse Image Center, Office Depot, The Bernard Group. Olympus Group, bluemedia, GSP Retail, Image Options, Super Sign Mart, PCI Group, Impulse Graphic & Display, and Thomas Printworks.
These success stories will be complemented by keynote topics that address:
- Assessing the wide-format landscape in the new normal
- Understanding who buys wide-format graphics and how to find and sell to them successfully
- How to employ lean-manufacturing principles to eliminate inefficiency and waste
- Implementing new hardware without any surprises
- Establishing the value and ROI of outdoor advertising
- Understanding the opportunity in production digital printing
- How to “pivot” quickly to reinvent your business
Despite the disruptions caused by COVID in 2020, the program continues to focus on technology – evaluating it, implementing it, and using it to pursue new markets and applications. “Printers are definitely thinking ahead to the recovery and how 2020 is changing their needs and strategies,” said Steve Duccilli, VP of Wide-format Impressions. “Early registration data indicates that over two-thirds of the attendees are planning a capital investment. And nearly one in ten will be making their first investment in wide-format printing technology.”
The program will air on consecutive Thursdays in October:
- Thursday, October 8 from 11:00 am – 2:25 pm (Eastern Standard Time)
- Thursday, October 15 from 11:00 am – 2:25 pm (Eastern Standard Time)
Industry-leading technology vendors that are sponsoring the Wide-format Summit Series include Canon Solutions, EFI, and HP as Keynote sponsors; Durst, Fujifilm Graphic Systems, GMG Color, Matik, Mimaki, Ricoh, and swissQprint as Gold sponsors; and Zund as Silver sponsor.
To register for the free event, go to wideformatsummit.com.