Two Sessions on Wednesday to Help Service Providers Deal with Changing Marketing Executive Needs
The role of today’s marketing executive is changing and print service providers need to understand and capitalize on these new market dynamics. Marketers still need to focus on building brands, making advertising more effective, and market research. These responsibilities aren’t going away. However, marketers and agencies also need to address several other areas: leading change in response to evolving buying patterns; stepping up efforts to shape a company’s public profile in the face of social media; managing complexity; and building new marketing capabilities to deliver interactive customer experiences.
This year, PRINTING United will feature two sessions to help service providers deal with these changing marketing needs. Barb Pellow, long time industry analyst and Manager of Pellow and Partners, will be conducting two sessions to discuss how marketers are prioritizing budget expenditures as well as sales strategies to effectively reach the marketing executive.
The first session “Communicating with Consumers: What Agencies, Brand Owners and Marketers Want” is designed to share how marketers are spending their budget dollars to more effectively communicate with consumers. In this session, which takes place on Wednesday, October 23rd at 10:00am in Room C148, you will learn about:
- The role print plays in the media mix
- Key criteria marketers use in selecting suppliers
- Additional services that marketers expect
- How your industry peers are adjusting product and service portfolios to attract more marketing dollars
- Strategies for capitalizing on changing marketing needs
Selling to C-level and marketing executives is a whole new ball game. You have to be pithy, respectful of their time, and you have to come up with ways to differentiate yourself from the competition in order to chop through the clutter and deserve the right to ask for something. This session, “Selling to the Agency/Marketing Executive” on Wednesday at 2:00pm in Room C148, is focused on building strategies to help differentiate your business.
Key topics include:
- The Marketing/Agency Executive Opportunity
- 7 Steps to Marketing Success with Marketers and Agencies
- Strategies to get the appointment
- Level of preparation for making an effective call
- Calling on the right person
- Use the right sales process
- Say the right things
- Provide the right support
- Getting in the game
As marketing prospects and customers adjust their strategies, you need to adjust yours as well. Come and hear industry and marketing expert, Barb Pellow discuss how to build a successful strategy to capture the opportunity.