Sustainable Green Printing Partnership Elects Paul Glynn as Its Chairman
SAYVILLE, N.Y. - November 19, 2018 - The Sustainable Green Printing Partnership (SGP), the leading authority in sustainable printing certifications for print manufacturers, has elected Paul Glynn, manager of materials & digital technologies R&D of DesignTex as the chairman of the Board of Directors.
"I look forward to leading SGP in 2019 as we are firmly established with 11 years of certifying printing facilities sustainability practices," says Glynn. "With the momentum from the last year with our new SGP Impact Tracker, the SGP Foundation and merging with TLMI's L.I.F.E. certification, we are poised to lead sustainability not only for the printing industry as a model for other industries."
In addition, SGP elected the following to serve on the Board of Directors:
- Libra Balian, Retail Consultant
- Rosalyn Bandy, Tag and Label Manufacturers Institute
- Suzanna Eversole, REI
- John Heaney, The Advertisers Printing Co., Inc.
- Francis Poirier, Jr., Specialty Printing, LLC
- Jodi Sawyer, FLEXcon
- Nadine Seitz, Yunker Industries
- Theresa Vanna, Primex Plastics
Current SGP chair, Jodi Sawyer congratulates Paul and the newly elected board members. "I look forward to working with Paul who will do an excellent job leading SGP's drive toward a fully sustainable future for the print industry together with the board," says Sawyer.
Paul is joined by the 2019 SGP executive committee:
- Immediate Past Chair: Jodi Sawyer, FLEXcon
- Treasurer: Doreen Monteleone, D2 Advisory Group/Flexographic Technical Association (FTA)
- Secretary and Chair, Technical Committee: Marcia Y. Kinter, Specialty Graphic Imaging Association (SGIA)
- Chair, SGP Foundation: Jonathan Graham, TE Connectivity
- Chair, SGP Brand Leaders: Libra Balian, retail consultant
"While each print facility is unique, SGP certification helps each printer achieve a positive environmental impact," says Glynn. "My goal is that SGP certification continues to gain recognition with brands and organizations as the de facto standard in sustainability for the printing industry." SGP certification criteria is recognized by the State of New York and the Wisconsin Department of Natural Resources` Green Tier program for green procurement.
Print facilities interested in eliminating waste, reducing energy consumption, transitioning to sustainable materials, and winning new business from organizations that require sustainable printing practices from their suppliers should visit www.sgppartnership.org/certification/ to learn more about becoming SGP certified in 2019.
The preceding press release was provided by a company unaffiliated with Printing Impressions. The views expressed within do not directly reflect the thoughts or opinions of Printing Impressions.