SGP Announces Newly Elected Officers and Directors
The Sustainable Green Printing Partnership (SGP) announced the elections of new officers and directors. Jonathan Graham, TE Connectivity is new chair of SGP and its 501 8c) 3 affiliated SGP Foundation.
“I look forward to leading SGP in 2021 as we are firmly established with nearly 13 years of certifying printing facilities sustainability practices,” said Graham, SGP chair. “SGP certified printers are sustainability leaders, the SGP Board will continue to engage with retailers and print buyers to promote and require SGP certification. SGP certified printers are moving the needle for the entire printing industry to be more sustainable.”
In addition to Graham, the new officers are
- Marci Kinter, PRINTING United Alliance, Secretary & Vice Chair Technical
- Theresa Vanna, Primex Plastics Corporation, Vice Chair Marketing
- George Fuchs, NAPIM, Vice Chair Technology
- Jodi Sawyer, FLEXcon, Vice Chair Suppliers
- Doreen Monteleone, Ph.D., D2 Advisory Group/FTA, Treasurer
Four new SGP Directors elected:
- Sean Carr, HH Global
- Ben Covert, Piedmont Plastics
- Bryan Rose, Cooley/Group
- Kristin Spanier, Shawmut Communications Group
“While every print facility is unique, SGP certification helps each printer achieve a positive environmental and societal impact,” said Graham. “My goal is that SGP certification continues to gain recognition with brands and organizations as the de facto standard in sustainability for the printing industry. In addition to retailers specifying SGP certification criteria, SGP criteria is recognized by the State of New York and the Wisconsin Department of Natural Resources` Green Tier program for green procurement. We are also exploring collaboration with other NGOs, similar to our engagement with the Green Sports Alliance.”
- Frank Bailey, Smyth Companies, LLC
- Rosalyn Bandy, TLMI
- Adrian Cook, 3M
- Suzanna Eversole, REI- Recreation Equipment Inc.
- George Glisan, Ph.D., Appalachian State University
- John Heaney, The Advertisers Printing Co., Inc.
- Nicole Papadakis, North American Plastics
- Nadine Seitz, Yunker Industrie
“I look forward to working with our new leadership team in 2021. SGP was able to continue its growth in a challenging 2020 adding more certified printers and patrons,” said Doreen Monteleone, SGP co-founder, treasurer and D2 Advisory Group/FTA representative. “Our entire SGP Community of printers, suppliers, print buyers and supporters is well engaged. With our rigorous printer certification for sustainability, together we continue to elevate sustainability best practices in the printing industry.”
Print facilities interested in eliminating waste, reducing energy consumption, transitioning to sustainable materials, and winning new business from organizations that require sustainable printing practices should visit www.sgppartnership.org/certification to learn more about becoming SGP certified.
The preceding press release was provided by a company unaffiliated with Wide-Format Impressions. The views expressed within do not directly reflect the thoughts or opinions of Wide-Format Impressions.