Mutoh Wins Six PRINTING United Alliance Product of the Year Awards in 2020
Mutoh America, Inc., an industry leader in wide-format printers, was recently honored with six PRINTING United Alliance 2020 Product of the Year awards, making 2020 the ninth consecutive year of Mutoh winning one or more awards. Open to all PRINTING United Alliance supplier members, the Product of the Year competition evaluates products that are, or will be, available for sale in 2020. A highly qualified panel of judges from across the printing industry evaluated the annual contest's 200+ entries in more than 85 categories spanning analog, digital, output and non-output technologies.
Mutoh has proudly won six new awards in the following output categories this year:
- XpertJet 1641SR 64in Eco-Solvent Printer -Roll-to-Roll Solvent/Latex (under 80 in.)
- ValueJet 2638X 104 in Eco-Solvent Printer - Roll-to-Roll Solvent/Latex (over 80 in.)
- XpertJet 661UF 23x19 UV/LED Flatbed Printer -Tabletop Flatbed (Industrial/Small Item Decoration)
- ValueJet 1638UR 64" Roll to Roll UV/LED Printer - Roll-to-Roll UV (under 80 in.)
- ValueJet 1638UH 64" Hybrid UV/LED Printer -UV/Latex Hybrid (under $100K)
- XpertJet 1682WR 64" Dye-Sublimation Printer - Roll-to-Roll Dye Sublimation on Textile (under $50K)
Output devices are judged based on reports generated by measuring color charts and then comparing to industry specifications. "This is the only competition I know of that reports on the percentage of Adobe RGB a printer can hit," said Ray Weiss, Director of Digital Print Programs, PRINTING United Alliance. "Some of the categories were decides by tenths of a point so fierce was the competition this year."
"I couldn't be prouder of our best in class printers that are made in Japan", states Brian Phipps, President and General Manager or Mutoh America Inc. "Mutoh continues to demonstrate its commitment to the highest quality standards in the industry. Winning six more awards this year is just icing on the cake for us and our partners."
The preceding press release was provided by a company unaffiliated with Wide-Format Impressions. The views expressed within do not directly reflect the thoughts or opinions of Wide-Format Impressions.