Mimaki’s New Desktop 3D Printer Allows Users to Cut Costs and Expand into Profitable Markets
Mimaki USA announces the launch of the new 3DFF-222 desktop 3D printer, a product co-branded with Sindoh, a manufacturer of 3D printers and multi-function printers based in South Korea. The Fused Filament Fabrication (FFF) solution has been developed as an in-house design and production tool, ideal for parts such as jigs used in direct-to-object printing and tools for producing three-dimensional signage.
The 3DFF-222 system prints in PLA material. Using easy-to-load filament cartridges, it prints parts up to 8.27” x 7.87” x 7.67” (W x D x H) and offers remote monitoring of each print job through an included app. The new platform joins the 3DUJ-553 in Mimaki’s portfolio of 3D printers, to which Mimaki has applied the expertise from its long heritage in the graphic arts.
“Flexibility and ease-of-use are key features of the new desktop 3D printer. This printer also complements our industrial printers seamlessly,” says Michael Maxwell, senior manager at Mimaki USA. “The 3DFF-222 is capable of inexpensively producing customized print jigs, which can be used to stabilize print quality when printing on UV-LED flatbed printers from our UJF Series. Additionally, customers can create objects for decoration as well as a variety of signage.”
Key features of the 3DFF-222
- Automatic Filament Installation – filament is automatically loaded and supplied to the nozzle after installation without the need to feed manually
- Heated Flexible Bed – built-in thermostatic function enables both stable formation and easy removal of the model once it’s ready
- Semi-Automatic Bed Leveling – measures the horizontal error of the table and instructs the color monitor to maintain a leveled position
- Full-Color Touch Panel – 5-inch full-color touch panel with illustrated instructions makes for simple operation
- Remote Monitoring – built-in camera for remote monitoring with a smartphone or tablet
- HEPA Filter – installed filter ensures only clean air is released into the surrounding environment
- Fully Covered Compact Design – eliminates the disruption of contaminants adhering to the model while printing
- Quiet Printing – designed specifically to reduce noise levels during operation
“The new desktop 3D printer is designed to fit the needs of modern print production environments and it is suitable for a broad range of uses,” adds Maxwell, “This latest product introduction demonstrates Mimaki’s commitment to driving innovation and providing our customers with profit-enhancing solutions.”
The preceding press release was provided by a company unaffiliated with Wide-Format Impressions. The views expressed within do not directly reflect the thoughts or opinions of Wide-Format Impressions.