Miller Zell's Birdley James Elected to SGP Board of Directors
The Sustainable Green Printing Partnership (SGP), the leading authority in sustainable printing certifications, announced the election of Birdley James of Miller Zell to its Board of Directors.
James is SGP/EHS Coordinator & Compliance Manager and leads Miller Zell’s sustainability efforts. His responsibilities include expanding recycling initiatives and overseeing sustainability program compliance, SGP certification requirements, environmental & safety compliance audits, environmental safety processes & procedures, and safety training.
As a member of the all-volunteer board, James is committed to supporting SGP certification and being an industry leader to drive a more sustainable future. "I believe that education, responsibility, and ownership should be a key component to every printer’s business approach," said James. "SGP practices offer guidance and truly support those fundamentals allowing companies to realize their real potential. In return, we are all given a better and brighter tomorrow."
Previously, James served on the SGP committee that created the SGP Sustainability Champion award program. James joins Calvin Lakhan, Ph.D. from the Consortium for Waste Circularity as new SGP Directors along with re-elected officers and directors:
- Jodi Sawyer, FLEXcon, Vice-Chair Engagement
- Theresa Vanna, Primex Plastics Corporation, Vice-Chair Marketing
- Rosalyn Bandy, TLMI
- Suzanna Eversole, REI Recreation Equipment Inc.
- George Glisan, Ph.D., Appalachian State University
Other members continuing their terms include:
- Jonathan Graham, TE Connectivity, Chair
- Marci Kinter, PRINTING United Alliance, Secretary & Vice Chair Technical
- George Fuchs, NAPIM, Vice Chair Information Technology
- Doreen Monteleone, Ph.D., D2 Advisory Group/FTA, Treasurer
- Frank Bailey, Smyth Companies, LLC
- Sean Carr, HH Global
- Adrian Cook, 3M
- Ben Covert, Piedmont Plastics
- Nicole Papadakis, North American Plastics
- Bryan Rose, Cooley/Group
- Kristin Spanier, Shawmut Communications Group
SGP certification recognizes top sustainability leaders in the printing industry who complete the rigorous certification requirements and comprehensive facility audit evaluating the three areas of sustainability – people, planet, and profit.
The preceding press release was provided by a company unaffiliated with Wide-format Impressions. The views expressed within do not directly reflect the thoughts or opinions of Wide-format Impressions.