It’s Amazing at ITMA: Innovation Trendsetting with Game-Changing Advanced Textile Solutions
Electronics For Imaging, Inc. (EFI) is showcasing the advanced, leading-edge technologies that make EFI Reggiani a textile innovator at ITMA 2019, June 20-26 in Barcelona, including the game-changing EFI Reggiani BOLT single-pass inkjet printer – the first digital textile solution capable of high-quality output at record production speeds of up to 90 linear meters (295 linear feet) per minute.
Leading innovation in digital textile
EFI is presenting one of the most important showcases of new digital textile printing technology in the industry, emphasizing leading-edge innovations that make EFI customers successful in the global textile industry. The EFI exhibit in Hall 3, Booth B204 at ITMA also features:
- the EFI Reggiani COLORS printer, a high-quality, highly productive solution that prints with up to 12 colors and offers unmatched printing quality and uniformity with an extended color gamut, superior color depth and increased penetration into fabric;
- EFI Mezzera indigo dyeing and finishing technology that reduces chemical usage by up to 40% compared with other dyeing technologies and ensures deeper shades and superior fastness;
- New EFI Reggiani FUOCO water-based acid inks, specifically designed to deliver amazing prints for highly demanding textile applications and incomparable color depth and vibrancy;
- a new EFI Fiery BT-1000 digital front end (DFE), that streams jobs directly to the Reggiani BOLT printer at engine-rated speed for top-quality print results and increased profitability;
- the newly launched version of EFI Optitex 2D/3D textile CAD software offering streamlined Print & Cut workflow integration with Reggiani printers for up to 15% greater efficiency in textile usage;
- Fiery DesignPro, a suite of Adobe Creative Cloud plug-ins that streamline design of textile repeats, colorways, wovens and knits, plus communicate color consistently from design to production.
ITMA attendees will see how they can do more, and drive new success, using a renewed product range of EFI Reggiani printers to accompany them through their digital journey, from small scale to mass production. The EFI Reggiani portfolio of textile solutions
includes a complete, integrated design, color management and pre- and post-treatment solution offering unmatched by any other digital technology supplier in the industry. Plus, users also benefit from one of the industry’s broadest lineups of high-end, superior-quality textile inks, including reactive inks from EFI’s recent acquisition of BDR Boya Kimya, along with EFI Reggiani AQUA reactive, IRIS dye-sublimation, ARIA direct disperse and TERRA pigment inks.
As print technology analyst company Keypoint Intelligence recently noted in a report, EFI, with its expansive portfolio, “is positioning itself as a one-stop-shop for industrial textile needs, addressing not only the fundamentals of the business with equipment supplies and service but also demonstrating a vision for an evolving supply chain.”
Transformational technology for the industry’s digital migration
The new, 1.8-meter (71-inch) wide Reggiani BOLT printer at ITMA is designed to give textile manufacturers high uptime and reliability, high performance throughout and unparalleled printing uniformity and accuracy, in addition to superior printhead life and minimal maintenance needs. Thanks to its cutting-edge printhead concept and high-performance ink delivery system, the Reggiani BOLT reaches a record throughput speed of 90 meters/minute at a 600 x 600 dots per in
ch (dpi) resolution. It features high-end imaging in drop sizes from 5 to 30 picoliters, and also provides premium-quality 600 x 4,800 maximum-dpi resolution printing, allowing customers to address their full range of design needs.
A robust, industrial platform designed for 24/7 operation, the Reggiani BOLT printer offers an innovative, low-maintenance, fast-startup recirculation printhead that delivers more-uniform, high-quality printing with superior uptime. Users can reduce the cost per meter of digitally printed textiles with the Reggiani BOLT while creating a broader range of designs quickly and efficiently. The printer also has another remarkable advantage in its ability to include one or more analog printing stations as an option, integrated into the digital printer for special effects.
The Fiery BT-1000 DFE is a professional color management and RIP solution that enables efficient job management and streams jobs directly to the Reggiani BOLT printer in real time. It is purpose-built to deliver fine detail, smooth gradations, clean solid colors, deep blacks, and high saturation. Superior screening and fine dithering algorithms provide high-quality print results.