Epson Expands SureColor T-Series
Epson America announced two new SureColor T-Series wireless multifunction printers with integrated scanners – the 24-inch SureColor T3170M and the 36-inch SureColor T5170M. Based on successful predecessors, the SureColor T3170 and SureColor T5170, the new affordable multifunction printers include an integrated scanner for accurately scanning blueprints and drawings, making large copies, and sharing high-quality technical documents. Featuring a sleek design and compact footprint, the SureColor T3170M is up to 29 percent smaller and the SureColor T5170M is up to 15 percent smaller than competitor MFP models to conveniently fit into modern work from home and small office environments allowing for seamless team collaboration across CAD, architecture, engineering, and corporate graphics workflows.
“Customers working in technical fields have a unique need for large format copying and scanning with precise detail, precision and flexibility,” said Jacob Hardin, product manager, Professional Imaging, Epson America, Inc. “With the new SureColor T3170M and T5170M multifunction printers, customers are now able to scan blueprints, renderings, and technical drawings to share with colleagues or convert them to electronic files for editing and reprinting. As more professionals are working remote from home right now, these new models take up minimal space while still providing an advanced feature set for increased productivity.”
The SureColor T3170M and SureColor T5170M multifunction printers feature an integrated 600 dpi high-detail scanner with simple top-loading functionality for easy copying and scanning of blueprints, technical documents, renderings and graphics. In addition, it supports copy enlargements and reductions, as well as enhances tracing and offers highlight detection for scanning annotated blueprints. For easy document sharing, users can scan directly to USB drives, network folders, or scan to e-mail to share documents with team members, including remote and on-site departments, vendors and clients.
Featuring an industrial-grade Epson PrecisionCore MicroTFP printhead for ultra-fast print speeds, the SureColor T3170M and SureColor T5170M produce accurate A1/D-size prints in as fast as 34 seconds and 31 seconds, respectfully. The multifunction printers leverage UltraChrome XD2 pigment ink technology for brilliant color, crisp lines, and smudge and water-resistant prints. Supporting a variety of media – including rolls and sheets – these multifunction printers deliver detailed output on a wide range of media types. Supporting integrated wireless and Wi-Fi Direct connectivity, professionals can easily print from virtually anywhere in the home or office with a smart device or from a USB thumb drive. Touting enterprise security features and protocol support, users can print and scan directly to e-mail, network folder or USB drive.
The new SureColor T3170M and SureColor T5170M deliver a range of multifunction features designed to help industry professionals create stunning CAD, GIS, architectural, or engineering technical drawings, including:
- Ultra-fast Print Speeds – The SureColor T3170M and SureColor T5170M produce A1/D-size prints in as fast as 34 seconds and 31 seconds,3 respectively
- High-Detail Integrated Scanner – Easily scan and share documents; up to 600 dpi scanner with highlight detection to accurately scan annotated blueprints and drawings
- Compact, Clean Design – Sleek, compact design1 enhances workspaces
- Durable, Instant-Dry Prints – Archival-quality, all-pigment-based UltraChrome XD2 inks deliver brilliant color, crisp lines, and smudge and water-resistant prints
- Versatile Print Media Handling – The SureColor T3170M and SureColor T5170M accommodate rolls and cut sheets up to 24” and 36” wide, respectively; the auto-sheet feeder accommodates sheets up to 11” x 17”
- Easy to Operate with Robust Standalone Copy Features – Large, intuitive 4.3-inch LCD screen simplifies operation and includes the ability to make copies of large drawings or blueprints directly from the control panel without the need of a computer
- Print & Scan from Virtually Anywhere in Your Home or Office – Easily print from or scan to USB thumb drives,6 as well as print from tablets, smartphones,5 and more with integrated wireless plus router-free Wi-Fi Direct printing4
- Extreme Print Quality and Precision – PrecisionCore MicroTFP printhead with Precision Droplet Control for outstanding clarity; up to 2400 dpi printing resolution captures annotations, lines, and image detail with incredible accuracy
- Outstanding Productivity – Change cartridges less often with high-capacity ink cartridges up to 50 ml (color) and 80 ml (Black)
- Enterprise Security Features and Protocol Support – Supports secure PDF printing from PCs and scanning of secure PDFs to USB thumb drives and shared folders, no computer needed
The Epson SureColor T3170M (Estimated $2,545 MSRP) will be available in January and the SureColor T5170M (Estimated $4,995 MSRP) will be available in Q2 2021 online and through Epson Authorized Professional Imaging Resellers.
The preceding press release was provided by a company unaffiliated with Wide-Format Impressions. The views expressed within do not directly reflect the thoughts or opinions of Wide-Format Impressions.